Who is "Me"?
What am I?
Who is Me?
Thus i am in search of answers
That seem eternally evasive.
To my PARENTS, i am but the product of their love, their hopes and aspirations.
To my GRANDMOTHER, a piece of herself, just a few decades in the future.
To my BEST FRIEND, a sister she wished for.
To the one i love, the piece that completes the puzzle of his heart.
To my TEACHER, just another face in a class of forty.
To the little girl on the street, another of the many hands that feed her.
To the million others, another fellow traveller in the long journey of life.
To the BOOKLOVER, another bibliophile.
To the Dancer, a body swaying to the rhythm.
To the music afficianado, a being moving to the beat.
To the Politically savvy, an ignorant mind.
To my older brother, the baby sister who needs protection.
To my younger siblings, someone who should be a role model to them.
To GOD, one of his billion creations--yet Special and Unique.
To MYSELF..I know all of this..yet somehow I don't feel any of it.
I am one of a billion NOT one in a million.
I am the voice that cries out against oppression..raging and screaming on the inside ut too scared to say anything on the surface.
I am the dance that wants to be seen, the song that needs to be heard, the artist who wants the world to applaud my work, my success.
I am the child who wants to be freed from the bonds of overproctection that bind and gag me.
The bird that longs to spread its wings and fly.
Though i might yet have to give my wings a test drive, i will learn from each fall..I do not need anyone lifting me up..
I am my own master..the creator of my own destiny..
I can choose who i want to be..
Your decisions only hamper my progress..
NO amount of "talking to" will work..
my mind is made up..I know what I want from life.
HOW i get there is another question..
But i Believe i will find my way..
I KNOW it deep within my being..
someday, someway, surely but steadily, i will get to where i want to be..
Then you won't have anything to laugh about.
Who is Me?
Thus i am in search of answers
That seem eternally evasive.
To my PARENTS, i am but the product of their love, their hopes and aspirations.
To my GRANDMOTHER, a piece of herself, just a few decades in the future.
To my BEST FRIEND, a sister she wished for.
To the one i love, the piece that completes the puzzle of his heart.
To my TEACHER, just another face in a class of forty.
To the little girl on the street, another of the many hands that feed her.
To the million others, another fellow traveller in the long journey of life.
To the BOOKLOVER, another bibliophile.
To the Dancer, a body swaying to the rhythm.
To the music afficianado, a being moving to the beat.
To the Politically savvy, an ignorant mind.
To my older brother, the baby sister who needs protection.
To my younger siblings, someone who should be a role model to them.
To GOD, one of his billion creations--yet Special and Unique.
To MYSELF..I know all of this..yet somehow I don't feel any of it.
I am one of a billion NOT one in a million.
I am the voice that cries out against oppression..raging and screaming on the inside ut too scared to say anything on the surface.
I am the dance that wants to be seen, the song that needs to be heard, the artist who wants the world to applaud my work, my success.
I am the child who wants to be freed from the bonds of overproctection that bind and gag me.
The bird that longs to spread its wings and fly.
Though i might yet have to give my wings a test drive, i will learn from each fall..I do not need anyone lifting me up..
I am my own master..the creator of my own destiny..
I can choose who i want to be..
Your decisions only hamper my progress..
NO amount of "talking to" will work..
my mind is made up..I know what I want from life.
HOW i get there is another question..
But i Believe i will find my way..
I KNOW it deep within my being..
someday, someway, surely but steadily, i will get to where i want to be..
Then you won't have anything to laugh about.
Comments